Our policy is to offer children in our care a secure, caring, fun and stimulating environment, while maximizing the provision of each child's physical, intellectual, social, emotional and creative needs.
We recognize that groups and individuals in our society often face discrimination and we aim to challenge this throughout our organization. We will always ensure that the club reflects all of the local community and we support equal opportunities in all areas of our work.
The clubs are purpose equipped to provide areas for specific uses: a creative area for painting and art and craft activities; a quiet area for homework support, reading, puzzles and games; imaginative areas for role play and drama; an outdoor area for sports and physical activities, and a chill out cosy corner for the children to relax at the end of their school day. All equipment is of good standard and appropriate to the ages of the children.
Activity programmes are carefully planned and carried out by childcare specialists. Our play programmes ensure that all of the children enjoy a purposeful, varied range of activities that is planned but informal while taking into account each child’s individual needs. All programmes are displayed within each relevant setting.
Good communication is paramount within all of the Jules et Lis settings. To ensure this we:
- Offer Feedback forms and questionnaires to both children and parent/carers on a regular basis
- Provide a Suggestion box for the children and parent/carers
- Hold regular meetings between ourselves and the children
- Hold 'Nosh & Natter' meetings with staff, parents/carers and children
- Hold regular staff meetings to discuss all aspects of the provision and ways in which to improve
We have a commitment to continual improvement and we feel that feedback is an essential part in helping us to improve the service we provide.